Monday, May 1, 2017

The Journey of the White Bear #1


Even as a cub myself, I wasn't near as cute at this little guy.  This is a great video to start my tale.

My name is Steve Emig.  My best known nickname is The White Bear, given to me by roommate, BMXer Chris Moeller in 1992, after reading my semi-autobiographical poem, "Journey of The White Bear." The poem, like most of my poems, has been lost.  For the next month, I'm going to tell my story in this blog.  Then I will move out of the apartment I'm currently living in.  I don't know where I will move to.  What I do know is that I will keep writing and doing artwork for the rest of my life, however long that may be.

Here's a haiku I wrote as age nine that I remember:

In the grass I lie
Gazing at the blue heavens
I lie wondering

I've been wondering ever since...

This month long story is dedicated to my niece Katherine and my nephew Ethan, who are both teenagers, and heading into their own lives in this crazy world of ours.  Maybe something from my journey will help them on theirs, and you on yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment