Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Slash and Janis Joplin drawings

 If you're a Facebook friend of mine, you know I draw pictures in a weird, unique way with Sharpie markers.  These are my latest two, both by request.  The photos are kind of sketchy because our 10 year old camera is dying.  And I don't have a phone right now.  ANYHOW...  both drawings were done from photos, I transfer the outline is pencil, ink with with a typical black Sharpie fine point, and then color with Sharpie ultra fine points and sometimes highlighters.  Every color is scribbles of 3 to 8 colors over each other.  I developed this technique in 2005, and I've been doing different styles of drawings ever since.  Both are 18" X 24" and take 22 to 25 hours each, on average.  I also like to listen to the person's music and interviews while drawing to try and get a better feel of their personality.  Contact me on Facebook if interested in a drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment